Your camping stay in Loire-Atlantique
You will probably notice during your camping holidays in Loire-Atlantique that water shapes the department in a funny way. Between the salt marshes, the Brière Regional Nature Park, the second largest in France, and of course the many beaches along the coast, the activities of the Loire-Atlantique highlight water in all its forms: swimming, water sports or walks on the quays of fishing or leisure ports. But southern Brittany also has beautiful walks and bike rides on the Vélocéan trail and essential cities to explore such as Nantes or Saint-Nazaire.
The seaside resorts of the Loire-Atlantique
The department has charming seaside resorts with superb beaches for beautiful sunny days by the sea. More of a sliding sport or hiking on the Côte d'Amour? Your stay in Loire-Atlantique will allow you to fully enjoy these beautiful spots as you will hear.
- La Baule, 12 km from the campsite, is undoubtedly the most mythical of all the seaside resorts in the department. Long beaches of fine sand reserve you beautiful moments of relaxation and swimming with family or friends.
-La Turballe, 10 minutes from the campsite, is not lacking in charm between Pen-Bron and its beaches as well as its lively fishing port. Feel free to visit the Maison de la Pêche!
- Piriac-sur-mer, 10 minutes from the campsite, will enchant you with its Breton atmosphere and the colours of its flowered houses.
- Le Croisic, a small city of character, with the beautiful beaches of Port-Lin or Castouillet, but also the Océarium.
- The beaches of Mesquer-Quimac await you at the gates of the campsite, it is also in its picturesque village that you will find all the necessary amenities for your camping stay in Loire-Atlantique.
Key cities to visit in Loire-Atlantique
The Loire-Atlantique has some of the most important cities to explore for their history, architecture or quality of life. Saint-Nazaire, half an hour from the campsite, is worth seeing for its famous bridge and port, which are essential to the region's economic activity. Several fun and informative visits related to the sea await you in Saint-Nazaire: Escal'Atlantic will allow you to immerse yourself in the most beautiful French transatlantic liners while the Espadon submarine will take you to an old submarine to better understand life on board.
Nantes is obviously a destination to discover during a camping trip in South Brittany. Whether it is through its city centre, the discovery of the Erdre by boat or the Jardin des plantes for a stroll in bloom, you will not lack inspiration to explore the city of Nantes in its different aspects. The island's machines with their impressive and surprising creatures, such as the Great Elephant, are well worth a visit. If you are not claustrophobic, know that Nantes hosts several very immersive escape games including Leave in time for moments of enigmas and intrigues to solve with family or friends. As for the Château des Ducs de Bretagne, it will allow you to immerse yourself in the region's fascinating history.
Finally, how can we not mention the medieval city of Guérande and its unique atmosphere? Terre de sel will invite you to discover the salt marshes of Guérande, a resourcing place where man and nature have learned to live together.
Some ideas for your camping stay in Loire-Atlantique
Less than an hour away:
- Planète sauvage a wildlife park to discover on foot and in safari mode by car!
- The famous (and magnificent) islands of the region: Noirmoutier and the island of Yeu.